He is Caucasian, under the age of 25, and he lives within 2 miles of your home. No, we are not describing your son’s friend Jimmy. We are profiling the average burglar in the United States. Why? Well, ‘tis the season crime rates soar!
Holiday Crime Rates
According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), nearly 400,000 burglaries take place in the U.S. annually between the months of November and December. That is a 51% rise in burglary crimes.
More Burglary Statistics
- A burglary happens every 15 seconds.
- According to the FBI, about one in every thirty-six homes in the U.S. is burglarized every year.
- The average burglary results in the loss of $1,675 per break in.
- Most burglaries happen between 6am and 6pm, when most people are at work. 65% of residential burglaries were between 6am and 6pm in 2011, according to the FBI Crime Report
- What’s even scarier is that the average burglary takes just 12 minutes. The burglar is in and out before you know it.
So how can you make your home safer this holiday season? A New Fence from Hercules Fence. A fence is a great way to deter would-be burglars. Why? The average burglar wants to spend less than one minute to get into a home. A fence makes this significantly harder. Even though it is possible for a burglar to scale a fence, this act typically does not go unnoticed.
So do the right thing for you and your family. Consider investing in a new fence.
Residential Fences in Northern Virginia
For more than 50 years, Hercules Fence has been providing exceptional fence services to the people of Northern Virginia and the surrounding area. Over the years, we have developed a reputation for professional service and quality installation. Our experienced sales and installation staff can handle any of your fencing needs.
If you have any questions about Holiday Crime Rates and Residential Fences in Northern Virginia, please contact Hercules Fence of Manassas, Virginia today by calling (703)551-2609 or visiting our website. Also, check out Hercules Fence of Manassas on Facebook,Twitter, Google+ and YouTube!